EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC 52° LER Eyepiece 3mm Ar
A new focal length joins the Explore Scientific line of inert gas-purged Waterproof Eyepieces with the 3mm 52° LER Series Eyepiece. A logical companion for the grab-and-go ED APO 80mm f/6 Air-Spaced Triplet, this eyepiece produces 160X which will perform very well with good seeing conditions on planetary objects, and to split double stars. On the ED APO 152 at f/8, 405X is achieved without the use of a Focal Extender or Barlow for those nights of near perfect seeing, with a very comfortable 15mm of eye relief.
Comfort, Quality, Value. The Explore Scientific 52° LER Series Most short focal length eyepieces are excellent flat-field multi-element oculars that can transform your visual astronomy experience. With an apparent field of view of 52 degrees, these eyepieces offer incredible value in a very nice eyepiece. Expect exceptional quality and value versus a comparably priced Plossl.
These eyepieces are the choice for observers wearing glasses - with excellent performance and durability. The rubber inlet and the foldable eyecups make handling and using in the field easy. The patented EMD-coating produces high contrast images and prevents reflexes and ghosting. The argon purging effectively prevents internal fogging, and you don´t have to deal with dirt, fungus or cleansing fluids getting between the lenses. The eyepieces are sealed - this makes sure you will be able to enjoy these eyepieces for many years to come.
- Large eye distance, large field and great image sharpness
- Excellent viewing position for people with glasses
- Excellent field sharpness even with fast optics
- 52° apparent field of view
- Argon-purging prevents internal fogging, the sealing facilitates cleaning
- Patented EMD-coating to maximize contrast
- Blackened lens edges to avoid reflexes
- All eyepieces of this series are parfocal
- Stainless steel barrel with conical security cutoff
- Dust covers and protective bag included